Wine course WSET 2
This course is written for those who work with wine as a daily practice: what does a sommelier or store-manager tell, when and a guest or customer starts asking questions about wine. How do we buy wines, how do we rate the wine, and what is the ideal food pairing?
- Important factors in the vineyard
- How style and quality of the wine are influenced by wine making and bottle aging
- Most common red and white grape varieties in the world
- How sparkling and fortified wines are made
- Taste like a professional, using the Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Including the WSET level 2 study pack
- Wine coulours flyer© and Aroma circle©
- 3 Schott Zwiesel crystal tasting glasses
- WSET-certified teacher
- Including the WSET level 2 exam
|8 lessons of 3 hours
|Starting professionals in the hospitality industry
|Basic wine course-level
|Approximately 20 hours of home study is recommended
|Tasting wines value € 900,-
Excellent learning material
This course books is written by Masters of Wine. It has a logical structure, with the most important wine grapes as a starting point. What are the qualities of a grape in different climates, what are the winemaker’s choices, how do we taste that in the wine? Then we go into all the wine-growing regions, to get to know the different wines and styles.
Study pack and exam in another language?
The course and study pack are in English. But for just €25 extra you can order the book and exam in a number of other languages: French, German, Portuguese, Greek, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Turkish, an of course in Dutch.
Our strength: personal attention
Our teachers have extensive experience in the world of wines, and are super motivated to give you a great lesson. The teachers enjoy answering questions. The groups are small (maximum 15 people). In the first lesson we encourage the creation of a tasting panel.
Subjects of this international wine course are:
- Vineyard: soil operations, harvesting, climate
- Wine cellar techniques
- Grape varieties: the major wine varieties in the world and their qualities
- Learn to read labels: sense and nonsense on a label
- Wine regions: all the important wine regions of the world and their wines
- Fortified and sparkling wines: Sherry, Port, Champagne, techniques
- Sweet wines: techniques, styles, regions
- Serve and store wine
- Wine and food pairing: how to make a good pairing
Tasting wines value € 900,-
During your study you will taste and asses many good and very good quality wines, using the international Systematic Approach to Tasting.
International recognized exam
Every WSET level 2 course ends with an internationally recognized exam.
- There are 3 exams per year
- You can always resit an exam (for a fee). Don’t worry too much, the Wijnstudio has a pass rate of 97%.
After this course, you are ready for the next step: the international course for sommeliers, importers, catering staff, wine retailers, bloggers, etc.: WSET level 3 – Advanced.
Confirmation, teaching materials and glasses
Once you have registered and paid, you will receive a confirmation. You do not need to bring anything with you on the first day of the course, everything is ready for you; the course book and workbook and a box with 3 Schott Zwiesel tasting glasses, the color chart© and aroma circle©,
Course price is all-in, free of VAT.
Wijnstudio is a recognized institute for education, therefore we are aloud to offer our courses free of VAT.
Our prices are all-inn, no VAT is added.
The WSET L2 course was really enjoyable. The classes took place in a wine shop, so it was a really immersive environment. Our teacher was so knowledgeable, inspirational, but also explained everything in a way that was really easy to understand. The wines we tasted were all of a great standard (some of which I still buy regularly almost a year later), and I went in to the exam feeling really confident.