Wine course WSET 2
This course is written for those who work with wine as a daily practice: what do you tell when you are a sommelier or store-manager, and a guest or customer starts asking wine questions. How do you buy wines, how do you rate the wine and what is the ideal food pairing?
- Important factors in the vineyard
- Learn how winemaking and bottle aging influence the style and quality of wine
- Most common red and white grape varieties in the world
- Learn how sparkling and fortified wines are made
- Including the WSET level 2 study pack
- Aroma circle© and wine coulours flyer©
- 3 Schott Zwiesel crystal tasting glasses
- Including the WSET level 2 exam
- A WSET-certified teacher
|TIME:||8 lessons of 3 hours|
|LEVEL:||Starting professionals in the hospitality industry|
|PRE-EDUCATION:||Basic wine course|
|SELF STUDY:||We recommend approximately 28 hours of home study|
|TASTING WINES:||Tasting wines value € 850,-|
International recognized exam
The exams are scheduled three times a year.
You can eventually resit your exam. But don’t worry too much, the Wijnstudio has a pass rate of 97%.
The WSET level 2 wine course is available as an English spoken course.
Time schedule: 8 evenings, from 19.30h till 22.30 h.
Subjects of this international wine course are:
- Vineyard: soil operations, harvesting, climate
- Wine cellar techniques
- Grape varieties: the major wine varieties in the world and their qualities
- Learn to read labels: sense and nonsense on a label
- Wine regions: all the important wine regions of the world and their wines
- Fortified and sparkling wines: Sherry, Port, Champagne, techniques
- Sweet wines: techniques, styles, regions
- Alcohol: social responsibility
- Serve and store wine
- Wine and food pairing: how to make a good combination
Tasting wines value € 850,-
During your study you will taste and asses 50+ good quality wines, using the international Systematic Approach to Tasting.
Confirmation and course materials
After receiving your registration you will automatically get a confirmation and invoice.
At the first course day you will receive your study pack: course book and notebook, and a box with 3 tasting glasses.
Course prices are free of VAT
Wijnstudio is a recognized institute for education, therefore we are aloud to offer our courses free of VAT.
Our prices are all-inn, no VAT is added.