Wine course WSET 3
WSET level 3 is the international training for sommeliers, importers, retailers, hospitality staff, educators, journalists, bloggers, and wine aficionados. WSET level 3 or ‘Advanced’ is a very detailed wine course, in which you get to know all the important wine terms, so that you can have a conversation with any winemaker on the globe!
- The influence of natural and human factors in the vineyard.
- Characteristics of the most important grapes in various climates
- Wine styles from the major wine regions worldwid
- Production techniques of sparkling, fortified and sweet wines
- Professional tasting with the 'Systematic Approach to Tasting'
- Including study book and workbook
- Wine color chart© and aroma circle©
- 3 Schott Zwiesel cristal wine glasses
- Live virtual study guidance
- Lessons from WSET certified teachers
- Including exam training and exam
|9 lessons of 3 hours
|For sommeliers, importers, store-managers, catering staff, educators, bloggers
|WSET 2 or equal
|We recommend 120 hours of home study
|Tasting wines value € 1.400 included
|A perfect preparation for your exam
Various top teachers for every lesson
Our level 3 teachers:
- are the top specialists in their field
- are highly qualified: Master of Wine, WSET Diploma Course, Weinakademiker, Magister Vini, Certified Sherry and Port Educator, etc.
- have a lot of experience with wine, being an importer, sommelier, writer, retailer, etc.
- have extensive experience in teaching
Your personal login page
The Wijnstudio level 3 login page for students offers several extras, including:
- Your class schedule
- Further details on the systematic tasting method
- Practice exam questions
- Exam tips & tricks
Your own tasting group
On the first day of class students will form a tasting group, that meets outside of class. Even after this course, students often keep on tasting together.
Wine Studio service: Live virtual study guidance
The process of studying demands significant self-discipline. Many of our students juggle demanding professional careers and busy personal lives. At times, there is a need for motivation or a challenge in the study process due to time constraints. As a level 3 student at the Wijnstudio, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in two online sessions conducted by a WSET Certified Educator. These sessions provide comprehensive guidance on effective studying techniques and the best methods to prepare for your exam.
A sommelier-level course
The Advanced course WSET level 3 is an intensive course, it is a big step in level from WSET level 2, and an even bigger step from SDEN 3 to WSET level 3. A condition for successfully completing your studies is to prepare every lesson. Eventually, have your questions ready for the teacher. It is strongly recommended to start reading and learning as soon as you receive the book, and to make a lesson schedule. We advise 9 hours of self-study per week.
What will you learn in this WSET Advanced Course?
The International Wine Certificate teaches you the facts. The Advanced Course teaches you to see and explain the connections. As WSET explains it: level 2 is telling you What, level 3 is teaching Why.
Factors that influence the style, quality and price of wine
The topics of this training are broadly:
- systematic, professional wine tasting
- the basic principles of wine and food
- viticulture: vineyard management, grapes, climate, soil
- vinification: fermentation, cellar techniques, style differences through winemaking
- legislation, labels, marketing
Wine regions, wines and grape varieties in the world
- France: all major wine regions
- Germany, Austria, Greece
- Italy, Spain, Portugal
- United States
- Chile, Argentina
- South Africa
- Australia, New Zealand
Sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- production and cellar techniques of sparkling wines
- sparkling wines of the world
- sweet wines, maturation, grape management, winemaking techniques, styles
- Sherry, Port, Muscat: wine regions, winemaking techniques, styles
- Exam training
The exam training takes place online, including wines that are sent by post. We will be training on tasting: how much time is available, how to make the correct tasting notes. And we practice the open questions: what exactly is being asked, how to form a good answer.
The exam training is not a standard offering from the WSET, but an extra module of the Wijnstudio.
WSET level 3: ready for Diploma Course
If you have successfully completed level 3, you will be admitted to WSET level 4: Diploma Course, the highest international wine course before Master of Wine. Moreover, immediately afterward, it is possible to become a Weinakademiker, by writing a dissertation.
This course takes place in Austria, in the famous Rust. Another option is the module in which you will be taught at several famous international wine locations: the wine university in Geisenheim (D) the Weinakademie in Rust (AUS), Palais Coburg in Vienna, (AUS), Campus Wädenswil in Gruental (SW), Kloster Neustift in Bolzano (IT), Palazzo Antinori in Firenze (IT).
Scholarships for Wijnstudio students
The Wijnstudio has a collaboration with the Austrian Weinakademie, especially for Wijnstudio students, several scholarships of € 1000 each are yearly available,
Teaching materials and glasses
As soon as we have received your registration and payment, you will have access to your online teaching materials so that you can immediately start learning and making a plan. After payment, we will send the necessary study materials to you, enabling you to immediately begin your studies. In the first lesson you will receive a box with 3 Schott Zwiesel tasting glasses.
Course price is all-in
The Wijnstudio is a recognized educational institute and VAT exempt, so no VAT will be added to the course price.