Our Wine Courses
A suitable wine course for you!
Take your wine course in Amsterdam.
On your own, with friends, with a partner, you are always welcome.
Wijnstudio offers several wine courses in our capital, at various locations.
Level 1 Basic Wine Course
Build a solid foundation in four meetings. Learn about viticulture: how wine grapes are grown, and the influence on the wine of soil and climate. Get to know the 10 most important grape varieties. Understanding vinification: the winemaker’s choices. And many other interesting topics. Half of the time will be spend on guided systematic tasting. ‘Bring your own’ in the last session: after the exam, you will be presenting a wine with your fellow students. The Basic Wine Course in Amsterdam gives you self-confidence, in theory and tasting!
WSET level 2 Wine Course
In 8 evenings you will obtain the WSET International Wine Certificate, the most followed wine course in the world! 30 grape varieties and their character. Wine regions in Europe and beyond, viticulture and vinification, sparkling, fortified and sweet wines. Serving, preserving and gastronomy. And of course we practice our tasting skills with the international Systematic Approach to Tasting. This course ends with an exam for the International WSET level 2 Certificate.
WSET level 3 Award in Wines Course
For this course, the WSET level 2 certificate is obligatory. The course contains 9 sessions. We recommend an average of 9 hours per week of self-study This is the ultimate wine training course for sommeliers, importers, retailers, journalists, educators, wine writers and bloggers worldwide, as well as wine aficionados. WSET level 3 allows you to have a good conversation with winemakers, buy and sell wine, and give advise on wine at the table. Additional teaching materials are included. This course ends with the international exam for WSET level 3 Certificate.
Basic wine course – Wine and Roses
- Including a study book and workbook
- Including 3 Schott Zwiesel wine glasses
- Including theoretical and tasting exam
- Get your Basic Wine Certificate in 4 sessions
Wine course WSET 3 – Wine and Roses
- Including study book and workbook
- Wine color chart© and aroma circle©
- 3 Schott Zwiesel cristal wine glasses
- Live virtual study guidance
- Lessons from WSET certified teachers
- Including exam training and exam
Wine course WSET 2 – Wine and Roses
- Including the WSET level 2 study pack
- Wine coulours flyer© and Aroma circle©
- 3 Schott Zwiesel crystal tasting glasses
- WSET-certified teacher
- Including the WSET level 2 exam